Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm still here

Half awake- but still here. It's just been a really busy couple of weeks. All good - but this spring cleaning is shit...seems like whatever I touch creates more work! And having to get it done around the rain showers is a bitch. But I'd rather have rain than snow sooo as much of a pain in the ass as it is, it's still better than icicles forming off my chin.
On the home front, things are good- 'cept I reallllllly want our space back. Probably another month or two til my son gets into his place. Sure has kept the intimacy at bay lately. ugh! lol That and we're having a difference of opinion that I think a lot of people go through.
I want to tell our kids- she doesn't. She thinks it will mess up their heads and they need to get back on their feet first. I don't see what the big deal is- we've been living like this forever already. Just now we've accepted and rolled with it- literally too ;o) lol....our kids wouldn't know what happened if we were not together. We've been bookends for so long, they expect to see us together...I don't know. I just think it would make things a bit easier. Maybe I'm being selfish...but I want to claim the great person I am with.
Only a month to go until our vacation and I think we're going to have a long talk while we're away about living this dual life. I don't want to hide anymore- she's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know she feels the same, she's told me, but she's scared of how other people will start acting. ARG- why can't things be easy?! lol
I can legally marry her ... how cool is that?! That was great news earlier this week. Yes, I am still waiting til later this year to ask her....but knowing it's legal now adds fuel to my fire! Still trying to formulate a totally awesome proposal...I know, it's early yet, but I gots to be prepared! :o)
I'm thinking about renting a beach house...preparing an awesome dinner (she cooks more than me so that will be special in itself) and leaving a dozen roses on the pillow--11 multicolored real roses and one decorative sterling silver rose with a ring box attached and a note that says" I want to decorate every day of the rest of our lives. I'll love you until this last one withers...will you marry me?" Sappy, huh? Dang, I got goosebumps just thinking about it...lol Of course, there will be a few words I'll have to say prior, like how happy she makes me blah blah...Anyway, how does that sound?
I've also thought of going for a midnight walk along the beach and somehow working the flowers in that way...I don't know....suggestions?
Ok, I've rambled on enough. lol Happy Easter everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment