Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Cleaning

No, that title isn't a fancy phrase used to denote my new sexual excursions! rofl...but now that my clock gets dusted frequently, it's time to move on to the mundane...it's Spring- time to pull out the lawn mower, clean up the lawn furniture, get the garden ready to plant, and all other things warm weather related.
My son moved home a few months back- "to get on his feet" (translates to "Mommy, take care of me. I'm afraid to face the big bad world alone- can I have another cookie?") and I don't know what has overtaken his body. It's some lazy, inconsiderate, self-absorbed creature who doesn't know to keep its sneakers out of the hall, its razor out of the sink, and for crying out loud its laundry done so the guest room doesn't smell of his jockiness.
In all honesty, he's a good guy but this moving home shit has aged him- backwards! Now, I don't just have 'honey do's' there's 'mommy do's!' And quite frankly it's getting old. He left college and decided to find his way in the real world. Can't blame him for leaving school because of his injuries (he lost his sport scholarships), but gosh darn it, I can't wait to be able to run through the house bare-assed if I want! ;o) Or better, have my sweetie run through bare assed! lol
So, he's here all of a month and he totals his car. Another reason for me to hate black ice. Thankfully, he's all right but all the junk from his vehicle was thrown on the patio to create quite a decorative disgrace. I've been recieving subtle hints ("I really wish this shit would be picked up!") for about two months now. Sooo in the hopes of some happiness...(ok, more like a twinkle in her eye and a smile across her face....ok, ok...more like, he's working tonite and we have the house to ourselves soooo some quiet candlelight and a walk in the park....ok, ok already...a mad passionate "Honey how are you now?! Doesn't the patio rock?!" ;o) rofl)....I just spent an hour out there raking leaves, rearranging furniture and yes, cleaning the freakin' patio...while the creature slept- go figure!
Oh well, Life is still beautiful...enjoy your day. I will now that my patio is rocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment