Wednesday, April 1, 2009

After the ecstacy

I'd always heard after the meeting of our most intimate parts, the euphoria would soon wear off and we'd be left amidst the mundane household chores and whatever else previously occupied our time. Ugh! lol
Well, perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase...or perhaps I'm dreaming (if that is true- no mf-er better ever wake me up! lol) ...but even the mundane everyday chores are easy now...in fact, we've spent the past fifteen years washing dishes, dusting, grocery shopping, working etc but all of sudden even these activities have taken on new life. Who'd have ever thought? lol
I've known Brenna for over 20 years and lived with her for 3/4 of that. Sure, we've had our arguments but nothing dramatic- just stupid stuff. Now that we're over that "can I make love to a woman" stuff, it's such a relief! Our conversations have taken on a new depth. Stories I've heard a thousand times I can listen to with new eagerness. Life is just tooooo freakin awesome!
Never thought I could be this happy. Never had the capacity to even dream about the intensity of this joy. It's too freakin cool. To finally truly be with the one I love and claim who I am --woohooo! I'm ready to break out the balloons, a keg and have a block party! rofl...
So, now here's the deal....I want to ask her to marry me. Yeah yeah I know we just got here! But have we really? From our conversations of late, we've both been here already for many years...now it's just truly real. I don't plan to ask her until later this year...end of summer or fall. Maybe Christmas- well, I gotta save for a ring, don't I?! lol...I mean a real ring, not that freaking 100 dollar promise one she has now. We used to joke about being "beyond married" before we even admitted how we felt about each other. Shoot we raised our kids together and every other darn thing so perhaps it ain't too soon.
I must figure out a fabulously romantic setting and plan it out ...not for the marriage, for the proposal. I want to do it before we buy our new house....which appears to be next spring. Any ideas? We love the beach so you have to know it will involve the ocean somehow.
She's working now and I have another two hours before I can leave to pick her up. We're going to lunch and then to pay some bills. Nothing special...but then again, everything's special when she's with me! I am a love sick pup!! rofl...
Our morning snuggle time was short today because of the early morning shift she has, but all's good- I'm still pumping on the wonderfully long session last night. ;o) It just keeps getting better!
Ok, enough about this relationship for a minute ( I think I'm gonna burst from the euphoria! lol). It's spring- the crocuses are in bloom, the robins are back and the lilacs are budded. It rocks not hearing "winter storm warning is in effect until blah blah" on the radio every morning. I bought Brenna some rambling roses yesterday so she can decorate the yard. I'm gonna build a cool looking trellis for them to grow along. Freaking plant flowers?! Me?! Wow- life has changed! lol Here I go again....
I'll close now before I spill too much joy all over you! It's sappy sick! rofl
Have a super day!

4 comments:

  1. slow down girl!, enjoy the moments...lol

    life is wonderful when you're in love

    you have a good day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *screech* I'm slowing. I'm slowing. UH-oh who's that I see in the other room? zzzzzoooooommmmm! ;oP lol thanks Jude- I sure am enjoying the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey babe. I agree you should slow it just a bit. Just enjoy it for what it is, and don't worry about putting a ring on it just yet. I'm so happy for you though! I always love reading yours posts... your happiness is just seeping out of my computer screen!

    I'm trying to figure some things out though... and maybe I might have missed this story in a past post... but you keep mentioning that you go into her room to wake her up... are you two not sleeping in the same room? And how is this all working out now that your son is back at home? I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to read more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you didn't miss anything really. We each have our own rooms and we have for many years. (I want that too change now too! lol in time, in time!) Our kids don't know anything about the bridge we've crossed so to speak. My son is driving me nuts! lol...it's especially tough now that we have arrived at a new level of our relationship to have him home and breathing in our space. All we can do is work around it for now.
    Great to read you here and hope you are well. Enjoy today! :o)

    ReplyDelete